The DLGSC and Lotterywest Creative Communities COVID-19 Recovery Program provides funding for artist-in-residence projects that engage communities and are delivered in partnership with artists and either a local government authority, local school, not-for-profit community organisations or not-for-profit community services organisations.
The program prioritises projects that engage children and their families, and young people in communities who:
- are experiencing high levels of social, health and/or economic impacts due to COVID-19
- have limited or low access to arts and cultural programs
- are located in regional or remote Western Australia
- reflect the diversity of the State.
Projects should embrace community-based arts practice by ensuring:
- the activities are by, with, and for the community
- the artists are highly skilled art form practitioners and facilitators
- the activities are appropriate and reflect the community’s aspirations.
Applications to the Creative Communities – Residency program are open year-round.
For more information, please visit DLGSC’s website.