We have three types of membership:
- Corporate membership – available to organisations
- Literati membership – available to individual writing sector practitioners
- Basic membership – available to anyone
Corporate membership – for organisations
As a corporate member of Writing WA you are participating in and contributing to our state’s literary culture. Your membership will help to ensure that Writing WA can continue to support and advocate for you and the literary community in which we all operate. Membership will also provide your organisation with these additional benefits:
- Access to Members Only content on this website.
- Premium opportunities to participate in Writing WA programs and services such as Love to Read Local Week.
- Priority promotion of your events, services, publications and access to create and post articles and events to the Noticeboard.
- Discounted rates for display advertising in Writing WA’s communications products.
- Discounted rates for Writing WA programs such as Writers on the Road.
- Priority booking for Writing WA events.
- Voting rights at the Writing WA AGM.
- For bookshop members – the opportunity to be included in the Literary Map of Western Australia.
Literati membership – for individual practitioners
The Literati database is a platform for individual writers, illustrators, editors and book designers resident in Western Australia wanting to promote their publications and professional services to the marketplace. It is a searchable database that can be accessed nationally by publishers, festival directors, librarians, writers centres, schools and others who may be seeking your services.
To register in Literati you will need to have achieved one or more of the following:
- Publication – in any genre, with at least one full length work or three short works currently available; and/or
- Accreditation with Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd); and/or demonstrated experience as a manuscript assessor; and/or
- Demonstrated experience as a workshop facilitator, writing tutor or mentor.
What will membership of Literati give me?
Membership will allow you to create your own Literati Profile – a full professional profile including images and links to multi-media that you can update as required – published in the database and actively promoted by Writing WA to publishers, festival directors, librarians, schools, writers centres, and other potential employers throughout Australia.
Within this website your Literati profile will also be linked to any of your books that we review or feature as our Book of the Month in the For Readers section.
As a Literati member we will also prioritise your book launches and other activities for inclusion in the Noticeboard and Writing WA newsletters.
Basic membership is free and enables you to create articles and events for posting to the Noticeboard.
NB: A basic membership does not guarantee that your content will also be shared in our newsletters and other products.