Rhiza Press is currently considering unsolicited submissions for young adult fiction only through Rhiza Edge.
Rhiza Press has grown out of Wombat Books, which was established in 2009 and produces a diverse range of quality picture books and junior fiction. Rhiza Press is currently focussing on it’s young adult list, Rhiza Edge.
Rhiza Press is looking for YA stories that are 45 000 to 85 000 words in length and:
- Relatable and real-life
- Focused on the challenges teens face
- Ultimately hopeful
- Engaging and thought-provoking
Manuscripts do not need to be completed in order to pitch (i.e. just a two-page synopsis plus the first two chapters).
To submit a pitch you will need to include:
- A full 2-page synopsis.
- A maximum of 1000 words of your first two chapters. A full manuscript is not required for your pitch letter.
- Your full return details (i.e. name, address). These must also be included on the pages of your manuscript.
- Any specific marketing plans for your manuscript is recommended.
- The timeline you have planned to finish your manuscript if you have not yet completed it.
- Feedback from any editors or beta readers you have worked with is also welcome.
For more information, please visit Rhiza Press.