The Regional and Remote Festivals Fund supports arts and cultural activity at regional and remote festivals in Western Australia.
Funding delivered through the Regional and Remote Festivals Fund is intended to:
- increase arts and cultural activity in regional and remote WA;
- provide employment opportunities for regional and remote communities;
- contribute to tourism growth in regional and remote WA;
- provide opportunities for regional and remote communities to participate in arts and cultural activity in their towns and communities;
- enable local communities to make decisions about their arts and cultural needs.
To be eligible for funding through this program, the arts and cultural activity must:
- be delivered by professional artists or cultural practitioners;
- be part of a series of events comprising a festival;
- be open to the general public;
- occur in a location in remote or regional WA.
Eligible applicants can apply for funding to support the direct costs associated with delivering the arts activity up to $80,000.These costs might include artists wages, support staff wages or hire of equipment. This program may fund up to 80% of your activity costs. You must demonstrate at least 20% income, or your application will be ineligible.
Applications close: Thursday 31 October 2019.
For more information, please visit the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC) website.