The Muriel Barwell Award for Distinguished Service to Children’s Literature is a biennial award of The Children’s Book Council of Australia WA Branch.
The committee is now looking for the 2020 recipient of the Muriel Barwell Award for Distinguished Service to Children’s Literature.
Do you know of a worthy recipient in 2020?
A recipient will have demonstrated significant service to children’s literature beyond his or her professional commitments over a period of time in Western Australia.
Service can be demonstrated in a variety of ways such as:
- Committed volunteer work with a children’s literature-related association;
- Working with children, parents or community groups;
- Study in the field of children’s literature;
- Judging literary/literature awards;
- Assisting and promoting writers, illustrators and publishers of children’s book.
Closing date for submissions: Tuesday 30 June 2020.
For more information, please visit the CBCA WA website.