Playwriting Australia’s script development program will focus on “Lost Plays” this year.
Up to six works will be selected for a one-week development with an artistic team of actors, dramaturg and director.
Since its founding in 2007, Playwriting Australia has nurtured hundreds of plays at all stages of development. Many make their way to the stage, but just as many fall by the wayside, supported only part of the way or put aside in pursuit of a new work. Similarly theatre companies around Australia have commissioned many works which, for one reason or another, never got to production.
To be eligible to submit to the Lost Plays Program, your play must:
- have had development through Playwriting Australia; and/or
- have been fully commissioned by a professional Australian theatre company
- have been written between 2007 and 2017
- have never been staged and have no production outcome in progress
- is not under option with a theatre company nor encumbered in any other way in relation to licencing and rights.
Applications close: Sunday 4 August 2019.
For more information about eligibility and application process, please visit Playwriting Australia’s website.