Magabala Scholarships are open to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers, artists, illustrators and storytellers. The scholarships support professional development relating to writing, illustration and storytelling, which may result in a manuscript for potential publication.
Scholarships are self-customised to meet the development needs of the individual creator. The 2019 scholarships support professional development activity that will be carried out between November 2019 and November 2020.
The financial assistance that may be applied for may include, but is not limited to:
- Editing support;
- Development of book illustration skills;
- Securing a manuscript assessment and initial edit of a manuscript;
- Payment of course fees or training expenses (not including living expenses or university level fees);
- Purchasing illustration materials for a specific project;
- Travel assistance to enable a remote writer or artist/illustrator to attend a professional development workshop or experience.
Applications close: Friday 20 September 2019.
For more information, please visit the Magabala Books website.