Speech Pathology Australia has announced the shortlist for its annual Book of the Year Awards.
A number of Western Australian creators and publishers were among those shortlisted:
Birth to Three Years:
- Backyard Bugs by Helen Milroy (published by Fremantle Press)*
- Welcome, child by Sally Morgan (published by Magabala Books)*
- What Colour is the Sea? by Katie Stewart (published by Fremantle Press)
Three to Five Years
- No Never! by Libby Hathorn and Lisa Hathorn-Jarman (illustrated by Mel Pearce)
Five to Eight Years
- Across the Risen Sea by Bren MacDibble
- Aussie STEM Stars: Fiona Wood – Inventor of Spray-On Skin by Cristy Burne
- Bindi by Kirli Sauders (published by Magabala Books)*
- Willy-willy Wagtail by Helen Milroy (published by Magabala Books)*
Titles denoted by an asterisk are also eligible for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Authored Children’s Book Award.
The winners will be announced on Friday 29 October 2021.
A full shortlist can be found on Speech Pathology Australia’s website.