The Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards aim to promote quality Australian children’s literature; enhance awareness of the role speech pathologists play in language and literacy development; and encourage a love of reading.
Congratulations to the following Western Australian authors who have been shortlisted for the awards in 2019:
Birth to 3 years category
- In the Bush I see by Magabala Books
3 to 5 years category
- Duck by Meg McKinlay
- What Should a Horse Say? by Fleur McDonald
5 to 8 years category
- Under the Southern Cross by Frané Lessac
8 to 10 years
- Black Cockatoo by Carl Merrison and Hakea Hustler (published by Magabala Books)
- The Dog with Seven Names by Dianne Wolfer
- Zeros and Ones by Cristy Burne
The winners will be announced on 1 November 2019.
For more information about the awards, and to download a full shortlist, please visit Speech Pathology Australia’s website.