The organisers of the Perth Festival are looking for passionate young people interested in any art form—from film to music, photography to drama and visual arts to literature—who are keen to contribute to culture and the arts in Western Australia.
Young Creatives will dive into the heart of Perth Festival, attending performances, connecting with artists and Festival staff and peeking behind the curtains to see what makes a festival tick. An individual program is especially tailored to each Young Creative, with a mixture of individual and group activities engaging them across the Festival.
To participate in Young Creatives, you should:
- Be aged between 15 – 18 at the time of submitting your Expression of Interest;
- Live in Western Australia;
- Have an interest in an art form;
- Be able to attend up to ten hours of activities (outside of regular school hours) each week during the 2020 Perth Festival (7 February – 1 March).
Participation in Young Creatives is free of charge for successful applicants, with the Festival providing tickets to select performances, activities and events.
To become a 2020 Young Creative you need to:
- complete an application form;
- read, understand and accept the Terms & Conditions, with your parent / guardian if you are under 18 at the time of application.
Thursday 28 November 2019: Expressions of Interest close
Thursday 5 December 2019: Shortlisted participants will be invited for interviews
Wednesday 11 & Thursday 12 December 2019: Interviews
Tuesday 17 December 2019: Interviewees will be notified of the outcome
7 February – 1 March 2020: Weeknight and weekend activities as part of Perth Festival
For more information, please head to the Perth Festival website.