The shortlist for the 2020 Aurealis Awards has been announced.
Congratulations to Western Australian writers who were included on the shortlist:
- Bren MacDibble for Across the Risen Sea (Best Children’s Fiction)
- Juliet Marillier for ‘Pea Soup’ and ‘The Witching Well’ (Best Young Adult Story) as well as the collection Mother Thorn and Other Tales of Courage and Kindess, which was published by Serenity Press (Best Collection)
- Martin Livings for ‘The Bone Fairy’ (Best Horror Short Story)
- Daniel de Lorne for Soul Survivor (Best Horror Novel)
- Simon Haynes for An Enigma in Silver (Best Horror Novel)
- Marty Young for Gutterbreed (Best Horror Novel)
- Donna Mazza for Fauna (Best Science Fiction Novel).
See the complete list of shorlisted authors and stories on the Aurealis website.