||Late 1970s to 1980s • I was published several times in a Sydney local newspaper (now defunct) called ‘The Peninsula Voice’. The stories were journalistic and addressed local issues.
• Around this time I submitted short stories to various magazines, such as the Women’s Weekly, but none were published.
1995 • Self-published a number of short-stories under the title ‘Dream Work’, as a requirement for a creative writing unit I was completing at Edith Cowan University.
1995 • Received an ‘honourable mention’ after entering the Catherine Suzannah Pritchard writing competition
1998 • Completed Bachelor of Arts (English and Psychology)
1999 • Presented a poster on the ‘epistemological certitude’ of the psychotherapeutic enterprise
2000 • Published article (with secondary author, Mark Rapley) in the journal, ‘Changes. An international journal of Psychology and Psychotherapy’ Volume 18, No 2 ‘Have you ever suffocated before?’: the Construction and Subordination of the ‘patient’ in Instructional Psychotherapy Texts pp.100-113
• Honours Degree (First Class) in Psychology
2003 -2006 • Began contributing to ‘Western Angler’ fishing magazine and was invited to write regularly with my own ‘column’. Content was comedy based loosely on my own ineptitude as an angler. I was paid between $200 and $300 each article.
2007-2013 • Have written numerous articles for corporations for internal publication within newsletters, annual reports, sustainability reports.
• Have written content for large and small business websites
• Began a blog, ‘The Happy Atheist’ in 2010 and published a number of my articles and poems
• A humours technical ‘how-to’ article published in the UK Land Rover Series One Club quarterly magazine, ‘Legend’ in 2012
At present I am working on a novel and have written 50k words