Catherine Noske is a writer and academic currently teaching Creative Writing at the University of Western Australia. Her short fiction and poetry has been published both in Australia and overseas, and her novel 'The Salt Madonna' has just been released with Picador (2020). She is also currently serving as the editor of Westerly Magazine (www.westerlymag.com.au).
Dr. Catherine Noske is a lecturer in Creative Writing and editor of Westerly Magazine at the University of Western Australia. Her research focuses on contemporary Australian writing of place, and has been awarded the A.D. Hope Prize from the Association for the Study of Australian Literature. Her writing, both critical research and creative, has been published extensively in journals and anthologies both in Australia and overseas. She is currently serving as a board member for Writing WA, and in the last three years has been a judge for the ALS Gold Medal, the TAG Hungerford Prize and the WA Premier’s Book Awards. She has twice been awarded the Elyne Mitchell Prize for Rural Women Writers, has received a Varuna fellowship and was shortlisted for the 2015 Dorothy Hewett Award. Her first novel, 'The Salt Madonna' has just been release with Picador - you can find information about it here: https://www.panmacmillan.com.au/9781760980191/
PhD in creative writing, lecturer at UWA, published author and WritingWA board member!
- Lecturer in Creative Writing at the University of Western Australia: https://www.uwa.edu.au/profile/catherine-noske
- Panellist at the 2019 Margaret River Readers and Writers Festival: https://mrrwfestival.com/2019-festival/authors-presenters/noske-catherine/
- Guest Blogger for Margaret River Press: https://margaretriverpress.com/author/catherine-noske/
- Guest Speaker, 'Notes on a Walk: Writing the Bibbulmun Track', Apollo Bay (Writers Victoria): https://writersvictoria.org.au/civicrm/event/infoid444reset1
- 'Working with Words' interviewee, (The Wheeler Centre): https://www.wheelercentre.com/news/working-with-words-catherine-noske
The Salt Madonna
Publ. date: 2020
Genre: Literary Fiction
'Thylacine' in 'We'll Stand in That Place'
Publisher: Margaret River Press
Publ. date: 2019
Genre: Short Fiction
'Oliver' in 'Time: An anthology of microfiction'
Publisher: Spineless Wonders
Publ. date: 2018
Get in touch
Email [email protected]