Financial Membership of writingWA
Who can join?
Only groups are eligible to apply for membership of writingWA, and must nominate an authorised representative, who has voting rights on their behalf and can be elected to the Board of Management. Membership is in two categories: Full Member and Associate Member.
The constitution defines these as:
- Full Members may be any organisation, association, group or other body, whether incorporated or not incorporated, whose primary function is the engagement with Literature or Literary Activities. Full Members will have full voting rights and may nominate persons for election as members of the Board.
- Associate Members may be any organisation, association, group or other body, whether incorporated or not incorporated, that has engagement with Literature or Literary Activities but where these are not a primary function of the body; or any other organisation, association, group or other body, whether incorporated or not incorporated; in any case that the Board shall approve for Associate Membership from time to time at its absolute discretion.
As a member of the peak body for writing and associated activities in Western Australia, you become part of a growing community directly or indirectly involved in, and passionate about, Western Australian literature. And by supporting us, you help us to support you and the literary community.
What membership of writingWA will give you:
- Priority* access to writingWA's funding for projects such as Writers In Libraries, Country Writing Group Workshops, and Regional Writers' Festivals (*membership is not a guarantee of funding)
- Specialist advice and support in all areas of writing and publishing
- Partnership in projects custom-designed to enhance your goals
- Fortnightly e-newsletter
- Free statewide promotion of your organisation's publications and/or writing-related activities via the writingWA website, ProximityWA website (for regional activities), the writingWA e-newsletter and the Love to Read Local e-newsletter.
- Access to writers of all kinds suitable for events, readings, activities, education and training. And, of course, writing!
DOWNLOAD THE MEMBERSHIP FORM