The Art and Craft of Development with Stephen Cleary
20 January - 21 January$130
Hosted by Feisty Dame Productions, this workshop is a practical guide to Story Development as an industrial/economic process and as a creative undertaking. It examines Development from a domestic and international perspective, including international co-development.
A Developer needs a range of skills, and success comes from combining good technical understanding with proper Development practice: technical story understanding is no use unless it is combined with good communication and interpersonal skills. Smart analysis is no use if you don’t listen properly.
Areas covered by this workshop include:
- how to write a technical analysis of a story
- working with creative individuals including how to define and respect boundaries
- how to intervene in order to have a constructive effect
- understanding story structure
- feature film vs TV drama development
- shorts and web series development
- the particular problems commonly associated with adaptation
- designing development budgets
- how your development work fits into a broader industry context