- This event has passed.
Pitch Perfect: How to Prepare Yourself for the Publishing Process
26 February @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Friday, repeating until 26 February 2021
Do you want to know how to nail your pitch to publishers?
Join the Australian Society of Authors for this multi-day course, which is designed to show you what’s involved in submitting a manuscript to publishers and agents, how to pitch your book both as a written submission and at a pitching event.
The ASA will cover all steps of the process, including:
- identifying the right publishing solution for your work
- getting access to the right publishers and the role of agents
- how to get through the door
- the template of how to describe your manuscript effectively
- what to do when you receive an offer of publication
This course is oriented toward those writing for readers from middle grade through to adult fiction and non-fiction. It is not suitable for writers of children’s picture books.
At the conclusion of each session a detailed handout will be provided to all registered participants.
The workshops will run on Fridays, 1 pm to 2 pm AEDT (10 am to 11 am in Western Australia).
Find out more on ASA’s website.