- This event has passed.
Overcoming Self Doubt and Procrastination with Annabel Smith
18 June @ 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:15 pm on Tuesday, repeating until 25 June 2019
Annabel Smith is the author of interactive digital novel/app The Ark, US bestseller Whisky Charlie Foxtrot, and A New Map of the Universe, which was shortlisted for the West Australian Premier’s Book Awards. She is an Australia Council Creative Australia Fellow, holds a PhD in Creative Writing and teaches for Australian Writers Centre.
This series of 3 workshops is for writers who are struggling to establish and maintain a regular writing practice. The interactive workshops will delve deep into the thoughts and feelings that hold us back from achieving our potential as writers, such as self-doubt, fear of rejection/criticism, procrastination, perfectionism, lack of resilience/staying power.
What you will gain from Annabel’s workshops:
- Understand the beliefs which hold you back from achieving your potential as a writer,
- Become familiar with strategies and frameworks for overcoming self-limiting beliefs and behaviours around writing, and
- Practice with tools which will empower you to continue to build confidence and proactivity on an ongoing basis.
It’s recommended that participants attend all three workshops:
- Tuesday 11 June 2019, 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Tuesday 18 June 2019, 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Tuesday 25 June 2019, 6.15pm – 7.15pm