- This event has passed.
IPEd Conference 2021: Editing on the Edges
28 June - 30 June$160 – $350
IPED’s 2021 conference theme is inspired by Hobart’s geographic location and invites the broadest interpretation. Editors deal with many edges:
- Geographic edges: how is editing in Australia different from editing in larger population and publishing centres? How can we make use of our place at the edges of Asia and the Pacific?
- Demographic edges: how can editors work with and for people on the edges – marginalised authors/audiences? How can we make our profession more diverse?
- First Nations people
- People with disabilities
- People for whom English is their second or other language
- LGBTQIA+ people
- People who are economically disadvantaged
- Where is the line between edgy and offensive?
- Technological edges: what is the role of the editor in social media?
- Ethical edges: how do we negotiate tricky ethical points?
Having to change the conference to a virtual format is yet another example: the very edge of our comfort zones.
Whatever the edges you deal with, IPEd hopes to have something for you to learn or to share.
NB: Member price applies to members of Institute of Professional Editors,Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, Editorial Freelancers Association, Editors Canada, National Association of Independent Writers and Editors or Professional Editors Guild.
- Super early bird (by 1 April): $160 (members), $290 (non-members)
- Early bird (by 27 May): $190 (members), $290 (non-members)
- Standard (by 24 June): $220 (members), $350 (non-members)
Workshop registration provides real-time access to a specific half-day workshop. Numbers are limited and workshops will not be recorded.
- Super early bird (by 1 April): $110 (members), $175 (non-members)
- Early bird (by 27 May): $130 (members), $175 (non-members)
- Standard (by 24 June): $145 (members), $175 (non-members)
For more information, including a detailed program, please visit the conference’s website.