- This event has passed.
How to Successfully Self-Publish Non-Fiction
10 August @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm$45 – $90
Are you considering self-publishing your non-fiction work and don’t know where to start?
In this session Anna Featherstone will share with you how she has successfully navigated self-publishing her four books. You will learn:
- How to plan your book to maximise reader enjoyment as well as marketing potential
- The key pros and cons of traditional, self-publishing and assisted publishing
- How to choose the right format/s for your words (paperback, ebook, audiobook)
- The most useful tools and key services you will need to help you produce, publish and promote your book
- The economics of self-publishing including the various printing strategies you can implement and what they might cost
- How to distribute and market your book…after all, it’s one thing to write a book, but then you need to get it into readers’ hands
- How to leverage your book through spin-offs, collaborations, and more.
There will also be time for questions.
Suitable for authors of all types of non-fiction ranging from memoir to business, how-to guides to true crime, histories to cookbooks.
This event will take place online via Zoom from 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm AEST, which is from 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm in Western Australia.
Cost: $45 ASA members / $90 non-members.