- This event has passed.
How to Give Engaging Workshops and Talks: a practical workshop
26 May @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$20 – $25
Writers often give workshops and talks about their work. This workshop is for writers, published and unpublished who want to give confident talks. Attendees should have a close-to-completed manuscript with a pitch.
You can expect to:
- Learn how to run workshops and talks, including planning and preparation, managing time, developing activities and opportunities for audience participation.
- Develop workshop and talk ideas, including what you can do, where you can do this and how to organise it.
- Gain confidence through practicing speaking in front of a safe welcoming group.
You will leave with:
- A toolkit of teaching and presenting strategies and approaches
- A plan for your next talk or workshop
- The confidence to take the next step
This hands on workshop will be run by Jennifer Mapleson, an experienced teacher and presenter.