Entries for the National Biography Award 2020 are currently open.
To be eligible for consideration or shortlisting, and/or to be eligible to win or be awarded a prize in respect of the Awards, submitted works must:
- be a biography, autobiography or memoir;
- have a subject of the work who is Australian or has made a significant contribution to Australia;
- be written in the English language, published in book form and consist of a minimum length of 40,000 words;
- be an in-depth and comprehensive account of a life (biographies that deal with more than one life may, at the absolute discretion of the State Library of New South Wales, be eligible where the stories or lives are strongly intertwined); and
- be first published between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2019 and be commercially available within this period.
Entry fee: $66 per entry.
Prizes: The overall winner will receive $25,000, with $5,000 awarded to the best debut biography or memoir. In addition, each shortlisted author will receive $2,000.
Entries close: Wednesday 12 February 2020.
Please visit the State Library of NSW for more information, and to download submission guidelines.