This prize is offered in partnership by the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP) and Ubud Writers and Readers Festival (UWRF). The AAWP/UWRF collective vision is to promote the work of under-represented writers to a broader “English-using” audience—to celebrate the art of translation by building both local and global writing communities from within our broad geographical region.
Enter your work of translation (poem or short story) for your chance to win:
- a ticket to the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival (UWRF)
- up to $1,000 toward economy airfares to the festival
- a one-year membership of the AAWP
- fully subsidised conference fees to attend the annual conference of the AAWP where you are invited to read your work; and
- the editors of Meniscus Literary Journal will consider your work for publication.
The translator must have prior approval to translate and publish, ensuring the translation is covered by copyright law—the original author (or copyright holder in the case of a deceased author) must have signed a release, both for the translation and for publication of the translation.
Word limits: Entries should not exceed 30 lines (poetry) or 3000 words (prose).
Entry fee: $20.00.
Closing date: Friday 31 July 2020.
For more information, please visit the Meniscus Literary Journal’s website.