The Children’s Book Council of Australia Awards are for books with an implied readership under the age of eighteen. The Award is currently open for books published 1 July to 31 December 2019.
There are six categories in the CBCA Book of the Year Awards:
- CBCA Book of the Year: Older Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Younger Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Early Childhood
- CBCA Picture Book of the Year
- Eve Pownall Award
- CBCA Award for New Illustrator (previously Crichton Award for New Illustrators)
Entry Fee: $99 (inc GST).
Closing date for books published 1 July to 31 December: 30 November 2019.
Other key dates:
- Notables: Published on the CBCA website on Tuesday 25 February 2020;
- Short List: Announced on Tuesday 31 March 2020;
- Winner and Honour Books: Announced on Friday 21 August 2020.
For more information, and to access the online entry form, please visit the Children’s Book Council of Australia.