The annual CBCA Book of the Year Awards affirm the quality of some of Australia’s most creative people and provides a boost to their capacity to devote time to their craft.
Established with the first awards in 1946, the annual CBCA Book of the Year Awards aim to:
- promote quality literature for young Australians
- support and encourage a wide range of Australian writers and illustrators of children’s books
- celebrate contributions to Australian children’s literature.
There are six categories in the CBCA Book of the Year Awards.
- CBCA Book of the Year: Older Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Younger Readers
- CBCA Book of the Year: Early Childhood
- CBCA Picture Book of the Year
- Eve Pownall Award
- CBCA Award for New Illustrator (previously the Crichton Award for New Illustrators administered by the CBCA Victorian Branch)
Entry fee: $99 (including GST) for each book entered in each category.
Closing date for books published 1st January to 30th June: 31st July 2019.
Closing date for books published 1st July to 31st December: 30th November 2019.
For further information about categories, elibility criteria and entry requirements visit the CBCA Awards website.