Books & Publishing reports that Perth-based author Dervla McTiernan has been shortlisted for the Guardian’s 2018 Not the Booker prize. McTiernan’s debut, The Rúin, was one of five shortlisted titles voted for by the public from a longlist of more than 140 novels.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Sealed (Naomi Booth, Cinder House)
- Dark Pines (Will Dean, Oneworld)
- Raising Sparks (Ariel Kahn, Bluemoose Books)
- Sweet Fruit, Sour Land (Rebecca Ley, Sandstone Press)
- The Rúin (Dervla McTiernan, HarperCollins).
A final wild-card entry selected by a panel of judges will be announced next week.
The winner of the award, which has the same criteria as the Man Booker Prize, will receive a Guardian coffee mug.