The National Library of Australia Fellowships support researchers to make intensive use of the Library’s rich and varied collections over a sustained period of three months.
Nine funded Fellowships are available for 2020 across a variety of research areas where the Library's collections have the appropriate depth and breadth to support the desired outcomes. Four Fellowships are available for research on any subject and five are for particular fields of research.
The nine funded Fellowships available are:
- Three National Library of Australia Fellowships supported by the Stokes Family on any subject
- National Library of Australia Fellowship in memory of Averill Edwards on any subject
- Two National Library of Australia Fellowships in Japan Studies, supported by the Harold S. Williams Trust
- National Library of Australia Fellowship for Research in Australian Literature, supported by the Ray Mathew and Eva Kollsman Trust
- National Library of Australia Fellowship for Curatorial Research, supported by the Patrons and Supporters of the Library’s Treasures Gallery Access Program
- National Library of Australia Fellowship supported by the Minerals Council of Australia.
As part of the residency, all Fellows will benefit from:
- a sustained period of research based on the Library’s collections, noting that Fellows are expected to undertake this period in one block
- special and supported access to collections and staff expertise
- access to the Fellows room, with full office facilities and a personal workstation
- copies of collection materials (within reasonable limits and according to access and copyright conditions)
Funded Fellowships will also receive the following financial support:
- an honorarium of AUD $1,000 per week for 12 weeks
- accommodation support, capped at AUD $700 per week for 12 weeks if required (not payable to residents in the Canberra region)
- travel support equivalent to one return domestic airfare to Canberra (not payable to residents in the Canberra region). International travel is capped at AUD $2,500.
Applications close: 5pm, 30 April 2019 (AEST).
Decisions will be announced in September 2019.
For more information, including application guidelines and requirements, please visit the National Library of Australia website.