Established in 2014, HARDCOPY is a national professional development program that helps build the capacities, aptitudes and resources emerging Australian writers need to reach their potential.
By creating an environment that is educative, vigorous and nurturing, HARDCOPY:
- helps writers develop their manuscripts;
- increases industry knowledge;
- facilitates relationships between writers and publishing professionals; and
- breaks down the barriers of location and geography.
In 2019 the program will focus on nonfiction manuscripts.
HARDCOPY does not specifically aim to have its participants achieve publication as a direct and immediate result of the program. Rather, HARDCOPY focuses on:
- manuscript development;
- education about how the Australian publishing industry works; and
- building connections and relationships within the industry/writing community.
Any publication outcomes that may occur because of the program – and the ACT Writers Centre are pleased to say that there have been a number of books published as a result of Hardcopy – are considered an added bonus.
HARDCOPY is underpinned by the principle of pragmatic optimism: being aware of the challenges, but also being positive about the future.
Expressions of interest close 4pm Friday 15 March 2019. Visit the website for more information.
HARDCOPY is a special initiative of the ACT Writers Centre and funded by the Australia Council for the Arts.