Congratulations to the following finalists in the 2019 Act-Belong-Commit Fairbridge Festival Quest Youth Song-writing Competition:
- IIlish Coolican (St Mary's Anglican School) for Waiting on Wednesday and Why not Try
- Tex Holmes (John Curtin College of the Arts) for Fire in Freo Prison
- Sofia Hourani (Fremantle College) for Learn our Names
- Anika Louise Lawrence (Canning Vale College) for Just Friends
- Greta Lynch (Iona Presentation College) for Can't be Friends
- Lucy Tartaglia (Manjimup Senior High School) for Just Waiting
- Emily Burton (UWA) for I Dare You
- Jye Criddle (Halls Head Community College) for Run Cold
- Josh Ellis, Jonny Morris and Issai Quintana (Christ Church Grammar School) for Waiting
- Bella Fasolo (Great Southern Grammar School) for Night Sky
- Maia Harcourt (John Curtin College of the Arts) for Anthropocene
- Isaac Smalley (Fremantle College) for Trevor Jenkins the Rubbish Warrior and What Remains of Marie Claire
The twelve short-listed acts will battle it out to win one of four prize packages, which include playing live on the Backlot stage on 28 Apil at this year's Fairbridge Festival.
To determine the winners, the final event will take place on Saturday 23 March at the Paul Latham Auditorium, Churchlands Senior High School where finalists will also perform with 2018 ABCFFQ winners.
In the lead up to the final event, finalists will be offered individual sessions to hone their songs and performance techniques working with Vinnie Crea, Coordinator of the Music Artist Stream at WAAPA.
Tickets for the final event are available online.